Tuesday, May 15, 2007

25 things you (probably) don't know about me

i wear a size 8.5 shoe - i am very self-conscious about the callouses on my feet - i need an unreasonable amount of sleep in order to function well - i want a somewhat big family (4-5 kids) - i like to sew - my dad died suddenly when i was 14 yo from septicemia - i dated way too much in high school - i have struggled with panic attacks and depression since i was 13 - this is the longest my hair has ever been, the same length as it was my sr. year of high school - i was a cheerleader for 5 years, it's the only "sport" i've ever really enjoyed - i didn't realize i had exercise-induced asthma until i was 28 (oh, that's what that horrible feeling is!) - the house we live in now is the biggest house i've ever lived in, about twice as large as the house i lived in from 0-18 - i love to write - i can eat huge quantities of sweets and never get tired of them, and this sweet-eating never caused me to gain a pound until i turned 20 - i really struggle to make friends, and it takes me a long time to relax around people - i loathe brushing my teeth, probably because of my sensitive gag reflex (you can only throw up from it so many times and not loathe it) - the dentist told me to get braces and I never did - i am still absolutely in love with my husband and i brag about him all the time to his mother and mine - i was in the top 10% of my graduating class with a 3.88 gpa and i was a national merit commended student (too bad no one really cares about any of that after high school) - i have forgotten all the science and history i was ever taught, so i'm looking forward to relearning it with my kids (lucky for me heath remembers nearly every detail of science and history he has every learned and is a great teacher) - our house in GC goes on the market today, and it makes me strangely sad - i have only called 4 people "best friend" in my life and i no longer see or speak to 3 - i wish i read the Bible more - i am not scared of any of the typical girl-fear things like spiders or mice, but i am paralyzed with fear riding in a car in heavy traffic (unless i'm driving) - my degree is from manhattan christian college in Bible/cross-cultural ministry - i hate my quick temper

3 comments:

  1. this was entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew almost all of these! I guess we've been friends for a long time now.

    I think I'm only scared in heavy traffic if I AM driving. As I told the policeman after my last accident (almost 8 years ago now, maybe I'm improving) "I'm a terrible driver." He gave me a ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Betsy, that's cool that you knew almost all of them!

    ReplyDelete