Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We toured the Wesley Birthcare Center yesterday afternoon. It seems nice. I also looked at the virtual tour online of Via Christi's NewLife Center for comparison purposes (which is pointless since our insurance only covers Wesley). It seems nice, too, pretty comparable to the Birthcare Center.

But I do have to make note of something here... I don't think either is as nice as the new birthing suites in the GC hospital. Kind of surprising, huh? Ok, the NewLife Center does have queen size beds in their recovery rooms, which is pretty cool, but in GC you don't have to transfer to a separate recovery room at all, so I don't know which is better. Maybe I am just biased toward GC because I already had two babies there. It also helped that I could literally see GC hospital from our house there. I am still a little nervous about making it to the hospital on time here.

3 comments:

  1. GC was also nice because you could have all your friends and extended family in your room at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great experience at Wesley in the main hospital. My doc doesn't like the birthcare center, he says it's not as well oiled, whatever that means. But I know people who have had good experiences there. The birthing room in the main hospital was new, big, and nice (2nd floor) but then they move you to the 5th floor to old, smaller rooms. But we didn't really care. Matt was happy to have his very own adjustable bed :). We were only there 24 hours so it really wasn't a big deal. We just had an appt. today and heard the heartbeat. We also talked to our doctor about giving birth in the main hospital again. I'm sure it'll all work out great, wherever you end up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah! my cousin is back in labor and delivery there. her name is Kellie Fredin and she just moved back from IN. (she got married and her hubby went to film school in IN.) she did such a great job taking care of M&M when they had Sophie. i was so proud of the way she handled the birth of a family member.

    anyhow, all of the nurses seemed quite relaxed and happy to work there and that makes all the difference. (you can get to Kellie's blog from mine; she is cousin Kellie. if you want to ask her any specific questions.)

    ReplyDelete