Monday, September 17, 2007

Ethan started saying something disturbing a couple of weeks ago, usually directed at Jacob: "If you don't (fill in whatever he wants you to do at that moment), it make me so mad, and I bite you!" Of course, every time he said it we would tell him not to say that. But the worst came when he said to me, "If you don't do (such and such), it make me so mad, and I bite you and bite you all over until you dead!" Remember, he doesn't understand what "dead" is really, yet. He thinks things "get dead" and are alive again many times. Nonetheless, it was shocking when he said this, and we made sure he knew he absolutely was not to say any version of this again.

So, later that day and the next day, several times he said to Jacob, "If you don't (whatever), it make me so mad, and I NOT bite you." I'd say, "Not bite?" And he'd smile and nod. After saying that a few times, he cut it down to, "If you don't, it make me so mad." Now, I haven't even heard him say that for a few days.

I honestly don't know where they get some of the things they say. It's not like we let them watch TV that has interactions like that, or read them stories with dialogue like that. But at least the "NOT bite you" version was amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment