Saturday, November 24, 2007

I went to the eye doctor this month, and discovered that each of my eyes had improved by .75. So, this means I no longer need a contact in my right eye, and I only need 1.00 power in my left eye. So now, at night I get to say, "I have to go take out my contact." Heath keeps laughing at me and saying that I sound obnoxious, like someone with a new, nice car, who instead of saying, "I have to go start the car," says, "I have to go start the Lexus."

The other night when Heath told Jacob to go potty before bed, he noticed the back of Jacob's underwear was sagging as he was walking down the hall, and he heard a "clank, clank" sound as he walked. It turns out he had stashed a couple of hot wheels cars in his underwear to take to bed with him.

I had another conversation with Ethan the other day about why he can only be a daddy when he grows up, not a mommy. (I think in his mind, Mommy is the one who gets to take care of the baby more, and he really likes our baby. So I try to point out all the great things about being in Heath's position, and the unique way he gets to relate to them.) Related to this conversation was a discussion of why certain body parts only belong to boys, and girls don't have them. "Some girls do!" he kept insisting. He uses this assertion often to try to win an argument, i.e. "some people/kids do," and it's almost always ridiculous, but it was particularly funny in this context.

Ethan likes to look in our mouths with flashlights to play dentist or doctor. The other night he was looking in Heath's mouth, and we weren't really paying attention, continuing our adult conversation. Then we heard Ethan say, "Oh, that's bad," as he peered at Heath's teeth. We burst out laughing, which surprised Ethan because he didn't think we were listening - he was just continuing his pretend play.

2 comments:

  1. fabulous post here. thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stories about your kids. It's those stories that remind us why we love them so.

    ReplyDelete