Thursday, May 17, 2007

one funny thing

Glanced at the title of my blog just now and realized something funny: I did actually sunbathe today! Don't worry, I didn't put on a swimsuit in my hugely pregnant condition; I settled for a tank top and shorts.

(In case you didn't realize, the title of the blog is supposed to be ironic, since it is a stereotype of stay-at-home wives and moms which is very rarely true of myself or any other at-home wives/moms I know. I can confidently say I have never watched a soap opera or eaten a chocolate bon-bon in my role as stay-at-home wife/mom, but I'm afraid I have now fulfilled the sunbathing stereotype.)

3 comments:

  1. i should probably assume the title of your blog...even though i go to work 3.5 days a week. i've been guilty of all three at one time or another.

    i got a swing for mother's day and until yesterday didn't have much time to check it out. i brought my pillow out, laid down, and despite my neighbor's (not kim)best effort to wreck my peace, fell fast asleep.

    i can't remember the last time i fell asleep outside. it was a nice break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very strange and ironic thing is that I brought Jenny home Oreo bon-bons from a Greensburg fund raiser we did at work that day!!

    No kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mel, for clarifying that I'm not the loud neighbor...

    ReplyDelete