Thursday, October 25, 2007

A first we weren't excited about...

Samuel's first cold!
(you can imagine his upper lip covered with snot if you want - I wiped it away for the picture)

 
Posted by Picasa


In other news, we went to the fire station and had a wonderful tour and educational program today, in honor of Fire Safety Month. Also in honor of Fire Safety Month, Jacob burned the tip of his thumb on our vehicle cigarette lighter, and I filled the house with smoke by accidentally turning on the stove burner that still had a cover on it. The good news is, I already had silver sulfadiazine to put on Jacob's thumb burn (from Ethan's burn two years ago), and the kids demonstrated their retention of the fire safety presentation by "fall and crawl" -ing when they saw the smoke.

PS - I did have the cigarette lighter hidden in the glove compartment. Jacob dug it out and found the outlet for it, figured out how to operate it, and then touched the center of the hot lighter with his thumb. He said since it was gray he didn't think it would be hot. This happened when I let them out of their car seats while I was cleaning out the car.

5 comments:

  1. bless his heart. he doesn't look like he feels very good. he's always so smiley. poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shux. colds suck. are we ready for winter now? sophie is all snotty right now. poor thing, i called her darth vader at dinner because of how she'd stop chewing to open her mouth and suck air (since her nose isn't working).

    don't feel too bad about the lighter thing. i once found chloe climbing the stairs with my biggest knife. thank God we'd registered for target knives....

    check michele's blog today, too...she found sophie eating alcohol cleaner. hee, hee.

    see you sat pm, it will be good to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:07 PM

    just so you know - i found the key (actually h did). how do you hide anything? you've got a very clever one there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby. I just want to hold him. His nose looks sore. Is he better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did that with a car cigarette lighter once, but I am pretty sure I was like 15 or something.

    ReplyDelete