Tuesday, October 24, 2006

prayer request

Please pray for me today. It seems that the throwing up has started. I'm scared - scared that it will last until 20 weeks like it did with Jacob, or the whole pregnancy like it did with Ethan. I am desperately trying to trust God. I believe he can keep me healthy through the whole prenancy so that I can carry the baby until he or she is ready to be born. I know that morning sickness (which should be called all-day sickness) is a normal part of a healthy pregnancy for half of women, so I don't worry that it means the pregnancy is unhealthy. It just makes it difficult for me to deal with the boys.

I sent in a referral request to the daycare agency yesterday to see if there's anyone in the neighborhood who might accept drop-ins. Or even half-days every day if they must have someone regular (not that I would necessarily take them every day even if we had to pay for it). I know a lot of people have to pay $1000-2000 in insurance deductibles and co-pays to have a baby, but we don't have a deductible on our insurance, so we are going to end up paying just $15 or so for the entire pregnancy. So, if we have to pay $1000 for daycare over the course of the pregnancy, I figure that is still less than a lot of people pay to get a baby. Certainly less than it would cost to adopt. As long as I can find a good daycare where the boys aren't exposed to anything that will undermine what we are trying to teach them here at home, I think it would be okay. Grandma and Gail, are you sure you don't want to move to Wichita? ;-) We also talked about hiring a part-time mother' s helper instead, advertising in the college listings, but that seems so complicated right now. It wouldn't necessarily be any more expensive than daycare, but the thought of the hiring process seems daunting right now.

By the way, my blood pressure is still okay - I've been taking it regularly at it has stayed right around 125/75. My first prenatal doctor appointment is in two weeks. Thank you all for your love and support and prayers, and for reading this far. I am so blessed with the family and friends God has given me.

1 comment: