Friday, October 06, 2006

famous people are normal

One thing I didn't talk about in my Peace Treaty post that was amusing was the "famous" people we saw. Martina McBride - who used to sing at our street dances with her family's band, "The Shiffters" (her maiden name is Schiff) - was riding on a motorcycle in the parade with her Dad, and showed up at one of the shows by surprise and sang for 45 minutes or so. We are all glad to see her when she comes back, but no one acts like she is rich and famous - I don't think she really gets treated much differently than any of the other "talent,"and she doesn't seem to mind. I also saw my ex-boyfriend turned Polo underwear model, and got to introduce Heath to him and be introduced to his wife. He was so normal, too, just back living in ML ranching and enjoying his new baby. I always thought he was the most like Heath of any of the boys I had dated in high school, and it was refreshing to see that he still was - he reacted to the surprise of seeing me again and to the opportunity to introduce his wife and new baby just like I imagine Heath would have in the same position. He must have tons of money stored away somewhere from his modeling days, but you wouldn't know it. I'm glad he and my brother are back on good terms now, too - Jeff once damaged his nose in a brawl at his sister's wedding (I know, pretty classy, huh?) right before he was supposed to leave to do runway work in Milan.

2 comments:

  1. Most of us would say "broke his nose". Although I am sure Jacob would say "did damage to his nose" he likes to use the big words. He would probably say that it was "damaged 1,2,3,4,5" as if it was some measurement of the amount of damage done. Anyway, I do happen to think that it is a really funny story about your brother breaking the guys nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wasn't sure if he actually broke it or not, so I didn't feel like I was being truthful if I said that. I'm too much of a girl to think it was funny... I picture his sister inside, horrified that her wedding party is outside brawling... But I do understand how you would think it is funny.

    ReplyDelete