Tuesday, August 17, 2010

phone interview

This morning, I did a phone interview, and I go back tomorrow morning for a face-to-face interview. AHHHH!!! (running to hide)


Okay, I want this, but it also makes me really nervous. I haven't been in the working world for 8 years! I made it through answering the question of what my salary expectations were, so that has to be the worst of the possible interview questions, right? I have to go try on the work clothes I bought and decide what to wear to the interview! I have to decide how to wear my hair! Do I wear my glasses, because maybe they make me look more serious, or do I wear my contacts like normal? I need to call our new day care provider and tell her Samuel will be coming tomorrow during my interview! (There are a lot of exclamation points in this blog entry!)

The interview is for a legal assistant position, with many of the same duties I had at the County Attorney's Office, only in reference to civil cases (medical collections, to be specific) instead of criminal cases. The office is quite a ways from our house, about 12 miles northwest, and that is my only concern so far, and a pretty minor one. I was hoping for a short commute like Heath has, so that we can maximize our time at home together. On the other hand, the commute would give me quiet time that I am usually desperately short on, so that could be a good thing. I would also have to figure out how to handle lunches, because there aren't a whole bunch of sandwich places nearby, like there are for Heath's office. (He alternates between Subway, Quizno's, Jimmy John's, and Planet Sub.) Maybe there are decent frozen or otherwise pre-packaged lunches I could take. Does anyone know about such things?

So much to think about and figure out. But it is exciting! I could probably enjoy the excitement more if I wasn't so nervous. :-) I must also remember that a second interview doesn't mean I am guaranteed the job, most people go to lots of interviews before getting a job. But I think it's okay to explore the what-ifs.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, and look at the drive as a positive. I usually have to take an early evening break and drive accross town for a diet soda just for the alone time. A little time to reflect and plan for the next day without any children, teens or toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for wearing glasses. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I take my lunch to school, it's really not that time consuming, I just throw in leftovers mostly, a few baby carrots and some kind of fruit. A lot of the teachers eat the frozen microwave things, but I don't think they're appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-and for that one semester when I drove back and forth to the HS from the country, I loved that part of my day, both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete