Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I saw this on thereligionofpeace.com, which was linked from someone's blog I was reading. I know some of you who read my blog are against the Iraq war, and I wondered what you thought about this. For that matter, if you support the Iraq war, I would like to hear what you think about it, too. Many of you might have previously seen iraqbodycount.net, which keeps track of civilian deaths in Iraq. This was obviously created in response to their counter.

The Real 2006
'Iraq Body Count'

16,791
Iraqi civilians killed last year by ISLAMIC Terrorists

225*
Iraqi civilians killed collaterally in incidents involving Americans
(and Islamic Terrorists)

Iraqis aren't
dying from war.
They are being murdered by
Islamic terrorists.

*Source: IraqBodyCount.net (includes civilians caught in crossfire who may have been killed by the terrorists, and terrorists who may have been counted as civilians)

Thousands of Deadly Islamic Terror Attacks Since 9/11

5 comments:

  1. Well, my first thought is, "Who should we believe?" Either one or both of them are wrong.

    Posted something political on my blog today which is uncharacteristic for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, since no one is going to comment I guess I will. I am for the war and think we need to stay there until the job is done. However, I don't know how we can know when that is.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:56 AM

    i too am not sure who to believe. i want our leadership to be acting out of the best interest for our country and citizens first but also consider the value of all human life. i know there are secrets the average (even above average) u.s. citizen will never know so i have faith this war is what needs to be happening. i also am cautious in putting my faith in man's wisdom...so is my opinion on all of this clear? (as mud)

    ReplyDelete
  4. chill24,
    It's pretty clear. You and I would not one to be in the position to have to make the decision. I am putting my trust in President Bush but pray all the time that God gives him the wisdom to do what is right.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:33 PM

    To me, the perspective is: Number of deaths from terrorists in Iraq, or from Iraqi terrorists, before Bush invaded -- 0 (zero).

    ReplyDelete