Saturday, July 19, 2008

my parents

I was looking through some old photos last night, and particularly enjoyed these photos of my parents when they were young. I also included one of me when I was younger after theirs. I don't think you could have photo shopped their faces together to make me... I do remember asking Mom when I was little if I was adopted since, especially to my young eyes, I looked nothing like them! I didn't have my Dad's chestnut brown hair or chocolate brown eyes, I didn't have my Mom's hazel eyes or auburn hair. I didn't have Dad's dark skin or Mom's creamy freckled skin. I do see resemblances more now. I still can't pin down who I got each of my facial features from, though. Genetics can be pretty strange sometimes!



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. No doubt. You were not adopted. I see you in both parents, chin, nose, eyes. No wonder you are so pretty. Look at those parents!!
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your face shape is a LOT like your mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:10 AM

    i see you in your dad's smile.

    you will just have to stop by our new house--would love to have you sometime. matt doesn't want me to post pics of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:53 AM

    oh, but you do look like them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genetics are strange, although you turned out beautifully and with AMAZING blonde hair, the kind I've always been envious of.

    ReplyDelete