Friday, August 31, 2007

Heath said something wonderful to me today, though he didn't know how wonderful it would sound to me when he said it.

When I suggested we make a day trip this weekend to meet Georgia Grace, he laughed and said "I love your spontaneity!"

He didn't realize I once got in an argument with an ex-boyfriend (who liked to claim he wasn't my boyfriend but that is another story for another time...) about this very same trait. He made me feel like it was a vice, somehow, and I've never fully shaken that feeling. But knowing that my husband actually really loves this about me has redeemed it, and made me feel special for the day.

Thank you, sweet Heath.

On another note - isn't it interesting how a single conversation can shape our perspective of ourselves so much? It makes me want to be that much more sensitive and attentive to my interactions with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment