Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Any nurses or doctors out there? Or just other pediatrically (don't know if that's really a word) knowledgeable people?

Does anyone know whether you are supposed to measure a baby's weight before or after his feedings? I know at the last doctor visit, it was right after I fed him, so I can compare to that to see how much he's gained since then, but when counting his overall weight gain since birth, I don't know whether to use the low number before his feeding or the high number after his feeding. He can take in 4 or 5 ounces at a feeding, so it makes a big difference. It seems like logically I would use the high number after his feeding, since when he was born he was presumably perfectly hydrated, having been continuously drinking and peeing in the womb.

I do love my new baby scale, though. If any one needs one, I can recommend a place to get a great deal on a quality digital model which can be used through the preschool years (up to 55 lbs). It also can be used as a postal or pet scale.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:28 PM

    personally i only weigh myself after NOT eating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. chill24 - LOL, me too! It's kind of funny, I'm closely watching Samuel's weight to make sure he gains 1/2 a pound a week, but I'm watching my weight hoping to lose a couple of pounds a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 PM

    you look good!! :)

    ReplyDelete