Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The past two days have been so peaceful and restful. My Mom offered to take our two big boys for a few days, so I would have opportunity to focus on making nursing work for Samuel and I. So, my big boys have gotten an idyllic summer vacation at Grandmas - going to the pool, riding bikes, burning sparklers, taking extra long baths and staying up late reading a million story books. And Heath and I have gotten some great 1-on-1 time with Samuel. And best of all, I am starting to believe the nursing thing is going to work. Thank you, God!

It hasn't gotten any easier to lay him down by himself, though! I didn't realize how much Samuel's big brothers help keep him happy when I do have to lay him down during the day - giving him his binky, talking to him and touching or even holding him. That was a pleasant realization. So, I ended up napping next to him to catch up on rest. We stayed in bed until 5 pm yesterday (with the exception of getting up to eat lunch) and 11 am this morning!

We are heading to GC for the 4th celebration, picking up big brothers on the way. If we can ever get out of town, that is. :-) Better go finish packing. Have a happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:09 PM

    hey jenny when i had my 3rd it just seem to throw everything out of wack. And everything we said we wouldn't do as parents we ended up doing with our third! believe me they grow out of it. my third is a very touchy feely kid and it might be cuz of his bro's constant touching.
    when we went to your house the other day it reminded me of when our boys were so little...it was a precious moment.

    i hope to see Samuel with a milk moustache when i see him again! hee-hee :) Qp

    ReplyDelete