Monday, July 30, 2007

any suggestions?

I have a little problem. I like to have the boys play outside. It would be great if they did it more than they do. But lately they have been spending 2 or 3 periods of 30 -6o minutes outside each day. When they come in, they are absolutely filthy! So, they've been taking baths or showers 2 or 3 times a day. This seems excessive to me. They keep the water so cool it doesn't probably use much energy, and we only fill the tub half full, but still! Their skin will dry up and my bathroom will be perpetually wet and sloppy. I have envisioned some sort of outdoor shower or hose attachment to clean them off before they come in, but then we have the problem of flooding the lawn and making even more mud. (And any hose attachment they might take the liberty of using on each other when I'm not around.) So, any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Get a huge double pack water-gun and right before they come in the house spray them! :)

    Or right before they come in get a bucket of water and old clean rags to wash up, then towel dry before they come in. It's been a long time since I've had to deal with this I wish i could be more of help.

    ReplyDelete