Thursday, January 11, 2007

names...

So far, we have chosen two Biblical names for our sons, ones that also happen to be very popular right now. (We certainly didn't choose them because they were popular, we discovered that detail later.) So, what do we name the third son?

Here are some Biblical names for boys, in no particular order:
Noah
Abraham
Elijah
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Issac
Daniel
David
Joseph
Benjamin
Matthew
Andrew
James
Thomas
John
Peter
Thaddeus
Paul
Luke
Levi
Samuel
Timothy
Stephen

I suppose we don't have to choose another Biblical name, but it seemed to be fitting since that is what the other two boys have. I know we have 4-5 more months to choose, but now that we know the gender it seems somehow urgent... I guess it's part of my nesting instinct kicking in?

5 comments:

  1. I like Levi, a nation of priests... But I also like Jedidiah, which I noticed didn't make it on the list, even though it was Solomon's God given name (2 Samuel 12:25)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm also partial to Levi. i like lots of the other names, too though. it would almost be mean to have Jacob and Ethan and then a Chuck.

    (don't name him Gabriel, please...there's this kid that lives behind me...man he's gonna have a hard time living down his name...well, now that I think about it, he likes to shock people...he spends lots of time dangling in the air and climing high structures...yet he's not quite angelic.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:19 PM

    Matthew has a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Samuel and Luke. Don't forget you he has to have a name starting with a "J", either first or middle name. Yes, please don't name him Chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta say I'm partial to Paul. But...

    ReplyDelete