Wednesday, September 13, 2006

blog trails

Sorry I haven't blogged much of real substance lately. Since I started blogging again, I have started reading all of my friends blogs again, too... and following the blogging friends trail is amazing. I started out at the site of a close friend, clicked on one of his friends' names to see who it was, recognized an acquaintance, clicked on two of her friends' names and found another acquaintance and an old friend, whose site lead me to another old friend. So I get a peek in on the lives of these acquaintances and friends that I haven't seen in years. The internet is a crazy and amazing thing, how it lets us be involved in the lives of so many people that we otherwise would never connect with on such a level.

Anyway, I think I have been too caught up digesting what I had soaked up of their lives from their blogs, so I couldn't post to my own blog. I remember these friends in a certain way, as I knew them 8 or 10 years ago, and their voices sound the same even now. But all of our lives have moved forward so much. I wonder if we all hung out in person, would they think that I was the same? Because I feel like an entirely different personality than I was 10 years ago. The only thing that is unchanged is the very core of me - I guess the spirit part of me. And some of these friends were close enough to connect with that part of me, so I guess in that way, maybe I would seem the same. And maybe that is why they seem the same to me.

Okay, this is getting too sappy even for me, so I'm going to stop. My next decision is whether to post comments on any of these blogs and let them know I am listening in.

No comments:

Post a Comment