Monday, December 27, 2004

introduction

I suppose I should start by introducing myself. I am 27 years old, living in Kansas, spending my days mostly at home with my two sons, Jacob, who is 2.5, and Ethan, who is 11 months. My husband, Heath, does web page design for a business which he owns with his dad and another man. Heath and I met at Manhattan Christian College where we were both studying Bible/Cross-cultural Ministry. We plan to go to the mission field someday, but for the moment we are blessed to live near many family members and friends who we get to see on a weekly basis. My kids are getting to be raised by their extended family as well as their parents, and I love that. :-)

We like to go out to eat and to movies, although we have had to curb these activites with the arrival of children and a more limited budget. ;-) We try to save those activities for date nights now. We watch some TV, like Star Trek, The Apprentice, 24, Smallville, Scrubs, Joey, Simpsons (maybe that seems like a strange mix to some but it makes sense to us :-)), and sometimes news and late-night shows. We both like to read, but who has the time now? Obviously, we both spend quite a bit of time on the internet - Heath job requires it, and it is the only "entertainment" I can really manage while watching the kids. We don't drink or smoke (or very rarely at least ;-), but we don't exercise either, so I guess it balances out health-wise. In summary, I guess we just spend most of our time talking and hanging out with each other, our family and friends, and like I said taking in a few TV shows, movies, and books. Oh, and Heath plays xbox. :-P




No comments:

Post a Comment