Tuesday, September 16, 2008

seriously

We really did not need a crisis right now.

We're still worn out and behind on everything because of sickness. My ears are still incredibly plugged up and uncomfortable, and Heath and I both still feel a general weakness and malaise. (On a bright note, the kids, including Jacob, seem to be in great health.)

So in the midst of feeling weak and vulnerable, we find out yesterday that the other two designers in Heath's department have been fired. No warning, no time to go back and get their things, just ordered to leave and not come back. (There was an offense involved, but nothing anyone in the department anticipated these guys getting fired over.)

This means two things for our family. 1) Heath's work load just tripled. 2) We are thrown into a state of constant anxiety, wondering if Heath is going to be fired next. (Like I said, this was not an offense anyone expected to be fired for.)

Heath is sick with tension. I can't even contemplate how I'm going to do things on my own for the next however long while Heath is working 10-12 hour days (if he can manage to get any work done through the tension!). We already were struggling with feeling like we never get to rest and never get time away from the kids (because we can't afford babysitting and because we can't seem to get the house clean enough to bring a babysitter in even if we could afford it). How are we going to feel after several weeks or months of this?

I guess for today, I just cope the best that I can. Hopefully this headache will go away in a minute, and maybe I can get the dishes done at some point today. Other than that, I don't have any ideas.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Oh, Jenny. I'm so sorry. I know exactly what that sick feeling in the gut feels like when you are worried about a job. I can't think of too many feelings that are worse. You guys will most certainly be in my prayers. I know you feel like you have been slammed lately with more than your share of trials. Try to take care of yourself (and take some deep breaths).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys.
    Maybe enlist those little guys that are feeling better to do a little clean up around the house. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry your surroundings keep getting more chaotic. i'll keep you guys in my prayers.

    maybe you don't have to worry
    about the job security now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:52 PM

    whew, we'll be praying too. sorry this is happening.

    ReplyDelete