Wednesday, September 24, 2008

focus

Today, I've been focusing on the positive. The good, enjoyable things about life. Like good food and drink. The beautiful mature trees in my back yard, and the way the light filters down through their leaves. The call of a little bird amidst the morning quiet. The cute things my kids do and say - like Samuel pushing the pretend mower with his little sun glasses on, which he wants to wear all the time either on his face or the top of his head, unless he can find a hat, which is his other favorite thing to wear; and like Ethan telling me "You just have to get used to it," when I told him I didn't enjoy playing video games nearly as much as he did. Good stories, in literature or on screen. Comfortable clothes and furniture.

Here are a couple of happy pictures to go with the positive focus. Samuel on his trike, with his sunglasses.

5 comments:

  1. I feel compelled to say that the long grass in the second picture is our neighbors lawn, not ours. I had just cut our lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing when I posted it. Samuel liked the long grass in her lawn though, it was like a jungle to push his trike into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure it is!!

    I my sure we all need to try doing that more, thinking about the positive. I love the pictures of Samuel on the trike. That trike has lasted a good long while and through three boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how we feel the need defend ourselves, our standing in the eyes of others. ;^)

    That was a very pleasant post, Jenny. I hope I have figured out this posting through google ...if this shows up, I guess I did.

    P.S. Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a sweet ride little Samuel has!!

    ReplyDelete