Thursday, April 17, 2008

The sorrow that hangs over me today is like a thick, dark cloak.
I wrap it around my shoulders
and feel its weight drape around my body.
It makes me feel safe, in a way...
yet oppressed,
unable to move freely.
There is no place to cast it off.
No one to lift it off my shoulders and put it safely away,
to be brought out again at a time
when I can support its weight more easily...
When I can discern why its threads came to be so tightly woven.

I am weary and tired,
and my soul longs for rest.
But today I can only wait...
Maybe tomorrow, joy will come
and wash away this senseless sorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:03 PM

    :( can't wait to see you friday. hopefully we can cast some sunshine over your soul. i do remember the days - and i only had 2 little ones.

    this too shall pass. now, to get through it and remain sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chill is right on.

    like i told kj yesterday am, they are gonna have so much fun when their 4 are at the stages mine are at. this is such a golden time for us...i fear about the future only because it's so good now i'm worried i'll get spoiled.

    i'm sorry you have a heavy coat. i hope it isn't so bad today. love you and will pray for you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the clouds have parted a little. Am praying.

    ReplyDelete