Thursday, May 14, 2015

You Might Like...

     So, I've decided that maybe Facebook isn't so great, that blogging and reading other people's blogs might be the better way to socialize online. Did the novelty of Facebook wear off? At one point, I thought Facebook might replace personal blogging altogether. It was so much easier to post a group of pictures or a news update on Facebook to get wide exposure. Even contemplative or complicated discussions could be undertaken via status updates and comments. However, once Facebook started cluttering our feeds with ads and "suggested articles" and limiting how we could display our friends' content, it seemed that everyone began primarily re-posting other people's content rather than producing their own. It turned into a marketing machine (as was originally envisioned, I suppose) rather than a chance to genuinely and authentically communicate with people you may not see very often. So, I sort of hate it now, although I do still love seeing everyone's pictures (real, actual photos of the person or their loved ones -- not reposted memes) and hearing important or interesting updates.
      In any case, I've decided to spend my online social time on blogs instead, after a long hiatus. I may have a lot to catch up on in all of your blogs, but I'm sure I will enjoy it. Stay tuned for riveting upcoming posts about homeschooling, the adventure of having a teenager (coming this June!), and possibly even some spiritual topics. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Blogs are better and fb has deteriorated. Happy to have you back! I will post again someday...

    ReplyDelete