Friday, February 02, 2007

several unrelated thoughts for the day

I had an OB appointment today, and my blood pressure registered high. Not cool with my history of preeclampsia. I was surprised, because I have been measuring it here at home, and it has been fine. So the doctor started asking, have you had headaches, blurred vision, etc. (other symptoms of preeclampsia), and I told her that I've just had headaches with a cold for the last couple of days. She says, "Did you take anything this morning?" When I told her I had taken Sudafed, she said that explained the abnormally high blood pressure. I had forgotten that decongestants could raise your blood pressure. I wasn't really worried, since it has been measuring fine at home, but it was nice to find an explanation so quickly and easily. Smart doctor. :-) I also found out I get to have another sonogram at 30 weeks to make sure I don't have placenta previa (the placenta was low-lying at my first sonogram). I've never had a sonogram so late in the pregnancy, so that will be fun (assuming it doesn't show placenta previa, which would necessitate a c-section).

Also, I am feeling surprisingly better today. Heath let me get lots of sleep once he got home yesterday, and I'm sure it helped my immune system to knock down the virus quite a bit.

I had the chance to talk to a friend over lunch today at McD's, and was reminded that even if you have family in town it doesn't mean you always have babysitters when you need them. Both her parents and in-laws are in town, but both of the grandmas work. She said her husband usually has to take off work for her if she is really sick, too. Thank God for flexible jobs. So that added a little more perspective to help me to let go of my pity party. Sorry to be so self-centered yesterday.

We just had a guy deliver a truck load of firewood. I am so excited. Anyone want to come over and enjoy a fire with us? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment