Monday, September 12, 2005

obedient circadian rhythms

Here I am again, awake before 7 am, but actually thankful this morning that the kids slept in until nearly 7 am! So, I guess that proves my earlier hypothesis that my circadian rhythms could be changed. I'm actually mostly awake.

I was thinking this morning and all day yesterday, in fact, about how the hardest commands for me to follow are the ones to not complain or argue, and not to sin in anger. There are times in our lives when it seems that obeying our parents or remaining pure or not conforming to the world are our biggest struggles. But now it boils down to this, for me anyway. I don't know if this is common to my age group, or my situation in life, or if it is just a season for me. But reading the program at church yesterday, where is said "obedient believers" could partake of communion, I wondered how obedient I am... when I can't go a whole day without snapping at one of the people I love most, or at the least complaining about something. The other struggles I mentioned - with obeying parents, or moral purity, or not conforming to the world - all those struggles were relieved somewhat as life situations changed. I suppose as my life becomes easier, as we get settled in and the kids become more and more independent, then this struggle will be less too? But it seems that I should be able to realize how to be holy in the midst of my situation first. And I have no clue how that is going to happen yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment